WaterRoof for MAC – Firewall management front end. This app was developed by HANYNET Inc. and yesterday updated into the last version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
WaterRoof for MAC Latest Version
WaterRoof for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about WaterRoof that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||WaterRoof App|
|File Size||2.9 MB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.5.8|
About WaterRoof App for MAC
WaterRoof is a ipfw firewall management frontend with bandwidth tuning, NAT setup, port redirection, dynamic rules tracking, live connections blocks, predefined rule sets, wizard, logs, graphic report and statistics and other features.
- uses Mac OS X built-in IPFW firewall. No kernel modules, no extensions, no pain. WaterRoof is free and open-source
- the most advanced Mac OS X free graphic frontend for ipfw now features a new, clean interface. WaterRoof lets you create, modify, delete, move ipfw ipv4 and ipv6 rules very quickly.
- designed for Mac OS X and Mac OS X Server
- build ipfw rules easily with the new simplified interface and the IPFW Rules Translator. Building ipfw rules now is easier than ever
- scan your mac for running network services and filter open ports with one mouse click
- list and ban remote hosts connected to your mac
- watch and parse firewall logs, create raw and graphic statistics
- look at active network connections, block them or limit their bandwidth on-the-fly with the connection inspector
- list all processes that make or listen for network connections
- Backup and deploy firewall rules with WaterRoof Injectors
- manage Network Address Translation (NAT) daemon: create a dual-homed firewall/nat/router with port redirection and forwarding
- Manage rules on Mac OS X Server: WaterRoof is fully integrated with Server Admin
- Manage NAT Port Forwarding (including Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion)
- Configure a dual homed NAT firewall/router with Mac OS X Server 10.7 Lion: set up *working* port forwarding directives and choose your favourite IP range for your LAN interface and clients
- deploy firewall configuration using WaterRoof Injectors
- Import and export firewall configurations
- Quick dns reverse and whois choosing from a list of whois servers
- manage network bandwidth with dummynet pipes
- check live dynamic rules (IPFW States) created by stateful firewall rules
- import rules from NoobProof Injectors
- keep your favourite firewall rules active at system boot
- explore and test ipfw with configuration wizard and ready rule sets
- tested on 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 (client/server), runs on 10.8DP3 too.
- concept and code by Hany El Imam
- It’s free !! We accept PayPal donations to [email protected] and BitCoin donations to 16UvmZcqEEYT5gYrTaGrh82d12726fQi5x . Thank you.
With WaterRoof you can set up the IPFW built-in firewall easily and quickly. With the NAT Setup feature you can fine-tune your Internet sharing for the home LAN, or you can also set up a full-featured dual-homed firewall for your network.Rules and network option can be stored and loaded at boot time.
WaterRoof is only a frontend so it makes use of system tools: this means that when you have finished configuring/testing your firewall, you can safely delete WaterRoof from your system, without loosing your rules. Bandwidth settings, firewall rules, NAT rules, forwarding, logging and other options will be preserved and activated at boot using launchd, following Apple guidelines.This means that WaterRoof is quite safe because it does not install any strange kernel extension or background daemon. You can also download and check WaterRoof source code, it’s open.
WaterRoof can be used to learn how ipfw works: you can use predefined rule sets to test firewall behaviour, or you can use the wizard to start from scratch with a step-by-step configuration.But WaterRoof can also be used to deeply configure a ipfw firewall/router, using every ipfw option including traffic shaping (dummynet queues).
English documentation included. Source code available at my Web site. WaterRoof is freeware and open-source.
- Full OS X 10.8 support
- Interface with bigger fonts
- Improved network interfaces list
- Fixed logs statistics for OS X 10.8
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download WaterRoof for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the WaterRoof .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the WaterRoof is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy WaterRoof for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing WaterRoof apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete WaterRoof apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the WaterRoof that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the WaterRoof icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall WaterRoof on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove WaterRoof from your MAC!
WaterRoof Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Shared-source macOS firewall.
Outbound application firewall.
Monitor and control application access to network and disks.
This WaterRoof .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. When you click the “Download” link on this web page, files will downloading directly in the owner sources Official Site. WaterRoof is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that mentioned in right here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.