Tor Messenger for MAC – Secure, cross-platform chat over Tor (beta). This app was released by BLOG.TORPROJECT Inc. and today updated into the new version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Tor Messenger for MAC Latest Version
Tor Messenger for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Tor Messenger that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Tor Messenger App|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
About Tor Messenger App for MAC
As of March 2018, Tor Messenger is no longer maintained. Please see the announcement on the blog for more information
Tor Messenger–based on Instantbird, an instant messaging client developed in the Mozilla community–is a cross-platform chat program that aims to be secure by default and sends all of its traffic over Tor. It supports a wide variety of transport networks, including Jabber (XMPP), IRC, Google Talk, Facebook Chat, Twitter, Yahoo, and others; enables Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging automatically; and has an easy-to-use graphical user interface localized into multiple languages.
Tor Messenger builds on the networks you are familiar with, so that you can continue communicating in a way your contacts are willing and able to do. This has traditionally been in a client-server model, meaning that your metadata (specifically the relationships between contacts) can be logged by the server. However, your route to the server will be hidden because you are communicating over Tor. We are also excited about systems like Ricochet, which try to solve this problem, and would encourage you to look at their designs and use them too.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later.
- Use the tor-browser-52.3.0esr-7.0-1-build1 tag on tor-browser
- Use the THUNDERBIRD_52_3_0_RELEASE tag on comm-esr52
- Update tor-browser to 7.0.5
- Update tor-launcher to 0.2.12.3
- Trac 22005: Move to ESR 52
- Trac 16606: Temporary XMPP accounts
- Trac 13855: Use known onions for XMPP servers
- Trac 20316: Update OS X toolchain
- Trac 10942: Deterministic builds for Instantbird
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Tor Messenger for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Tor Messenger .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Tor Messenger is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Tor Messenger for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Tor Messenger apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Tor Messenger apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Tor Messenger that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Tor Messenger icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Tor Messenger on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Tor Messenger from your MAC!
Tor Messenger Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Free, secure messaging for the Desktop.
A secure messenger and a team collaboration app (was Riot).
Anonymize Web browsing and more.
This Tor Messenger .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” link on this page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Website. Tor Messenger is an app for MAC that created by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and business names or logos that mentioned in here are the assets of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.