SQLite for MAC – SQL database connection development library. This app was build by SQLITE Inc. and today updated into the last version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
SQLite for MAC Latest Version
SQLite for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about SQLite that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||SQLite App|
|File Size||1.5 MB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.4.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About SQLite App for MAC
SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine.
The code for SQLite is in the public domain and is thus free for use for any purpose, commercial or private. SQLite is currently found in more applications than we can count, including several high-profile projects. SQLite is an embedded SQL database engine. Unlike most other SQL databases, SQLite does not have a separate server process. SQLite reads and writes directly to ordinary disk files. A complete SQL database with multiple tables, indices, triggers, and views, is contained in a single disk file.
The database file format is cross-platform – you can freely copy a database between 32-bit and 64-bit systems or between big-endian and little-endian architectures. These features make SQLite a popular choice as an Application File Format. Think of SQLite not as a replacement for Oracle but as a replacement for fopen() If you need a GUI for database management, you can install NAVICAT. SQLite is a compact library. With all features enabled, the library size can be less than 300KiB, depending on compiler optimization settings. (Some compiler optimizations such as aggressive function inlining and loop unrolling can cause the object code to be much larger.) If optional features are omitted, the size of the SQLite library can be reduced below 180KiB.
SQLite can also be made to run in minimal stack space (4KiB) and very little heap (100KiB), making SQLite a popular database engine choice on memory constrained gadgets such as cellphones, PDAs, and MP3 players. There is a tradeoff between memory usage and speed. SQLite generally runs faster the more memory you give it. Nevertheless, performance is usually quite good even in low-memory environments.
- Fix defects in the new ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN feature that could corrupt the database file
- Fix an obscure query optimizer problem that might cause an incorrect query result
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download SQLite for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the SQLite .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the SQLite is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy SQLite for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing SQLite apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete SQLite apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the SQLite that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the SQLite icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall SQLite on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove SQLite from your MAC!
SQLite Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
SQLPro for SQLite
Advanced SQL editor.
SQL database server.
This SQLite .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Website. SQLite is definitely an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that mentioned in right here are the assets of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.