Putty for MAC – Terminal emulator. This app was developed by WINONMACS Inc. and now updated into the last version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Putty for MAC Latest Version
Putty for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Putty that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Putty App|
|License||Paid • One-Time Purchase|
About Putty App for MAC
Putty is one of the best terminal emulators available today. It supports different types of network protocols such as SSH, FTP, SCP, Telnet, etc. In Windows, it is used as SSH client to connect to your Linux server, or for some other purpose. But what will you do if you are on Mac? You might be wondering if there is any software like Putty available for Mac? The answer is yes!
With the help of some other applications, we can use putty on Mac, although Putty is used widely on Windows platform. Official versions of Putty are available on Unix-like platforms, and now it’s widely available for Mac systems running OS X 10.11 or later. SSH is available by default on Mac, Linux, or Unix. Although you can use Terminal.app for SSH connections, there are still some benefits to using Putty such as other clients’ failure to keep connections live, whereas Putty does. Also it is cool to use Putty as your SSH client if you are doing some Amazon AWS, VMware ESXi or CISCO stuff, transferring files, managing files on a server, or whatever.
Note: Now requires macOS 10.12 or later
- Minor bugfix
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Putty for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Putty .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Putty is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Putty for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Putty apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Putty apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Putty that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Putty icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Putty on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Putty from your MAC!
Putty Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Modern fork of older iTerm project.
Access Terminal.app with a keystroke.
Telnet/SSH/SSH2 client and terminal emulator.
This Putty .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Site. Putty is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that mentioned in here would be the assets of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.