Platypus for MAC – Create application wrappers for scripts. This app was build by SVEINBJORN Inc. and today updated into the last version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Platypus for MAC Latest Version
Platypus for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Platypus that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Platypus App|
|File Size||3.3 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.8.0|
About Platypus App for MAC
Platypus is a developer tool that creates native Mac applications from interpreted scripts such as shell scripts or Perl and Python programs. This is done by wrapping the script in an application bundle directory structure along with an application binary that runs the script.
Platypus makes it easy to share scripts and programs with those unfamiliar with the command line interface. Native user-friendly applications can be created with a few clicks. It is very easy to create installers, maintenance applications, login items, status menu items, launchers, automations and droplets using Platypus. Platypus is free, open-source software distributed under the BSD License.
Here are some of the features Platypus has to offer:
- Supports shell scripts, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Swift, Expect, Tcl, AppleScript or any other user-specified interpreter
- Can execute scripts with root privileges via Apple’s Security Framework
- Can display graphical feedback of script execution as progress bar, text window with script output, droplet, WebKit HTML rendering or status item menu
- Supports dragging and dropping files or text snippets, which are then passed to the script as arguments
- Can create applications that are handlers for URI schemes
- Can create applications that run in the background (LSUIElement)
- Set own application icon or select from presets
- Set app’s associated file types, identifier, version, author, etc.
- Graphical interface for bundling support files with script
- Command line tool for automation
- “Profiles” which can be used to save configurations
- Built-in script editor, or linking with external editor of choice
- Extensive documentation and many built-in examples to help you get started
- First facelift in a decade: New application icons created by Drífa Líftóra
- Updated to support Mojave Dark Mode
- Added “REFRESH” command that clears text output buffer
- Added “DISABLED” menu item syntax for status menu interface
- Platypus and its command line tool binary are now code-signed. Generated applications remain unsigned, for obvious reasons
- Windows of generated applications are now larger, and centered on first launch
- Apps now try to make script executable (+x) on launch This may resolve certain issues with launching generated apps stored on network-mounted volumes
- Added Open With menu for items in Bundled Files list
- Fixed bug where Platypus would generate broken custom icns files from images
- Fixed buggy Uniform Type Identifier validation in command line tool
- Platypus now validates default bundle identifier in Preferences
- Removed broken System Profiler example
- Removed XML plist format feature
- Documentation overhauled, partially rewritten and moved to Markdown format
- An assortment of minor bug fixes
- Various minor interface improvements
- Reduced size of generated app binaries
- Now requires macOS 10.8 or later
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Platypus for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Platypus .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Platypus is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Platypus for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Platypus apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Platypus apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Platypus that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Platypus icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Platypus on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Platypus from your MAC!
Platypus Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Create GUI interfaces for Perl, PHP, and more.
Run applications and scripts automatically.
This Platypus .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. When you click the “Download” link on this web page, files will downloading straight from the owner sources Official Server. Platypus is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that mentioned in here would be the property of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.