PeekIt for MAC – Make hex-level changes to any file. This app was released by RAVENWARE Inc. and today updated into the latest version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
PeekIt for MAC Latest Version
PeekIt for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about PeekIt that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||PeekIt App|
|File Size||827 KB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.4.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About PeekIt App for MAC
PeekIt allows you to open, examine, and change (as raw or hex values) the contents of a file. This is very useful for anyone from programmers to people who just want to snoop around the system to learn more.
PeekIt also allows you to annotate files, adding notes about interesting data locations, fields, and other information. This can be a huge boon to programmers working in remote teams, and with the addition of exporting .pinotes files in 2.4 this gets even better, see the Notes section of the docs.
The ability to directly modify the contents of any file can be invaluable, for everything from making a change in a file you don’t have an application for, to fixing a value quickly during debugging of an application.
PeekIt can also be a fun tool to explore and learn, and in some cases make other applications more usable. Peeking a game save file, for example, can teach you how programmers think and work when they are saving a complex bunch of information. If along the way you figure out how to give yourself 1,000,000 extra gold pieces that can be fun, too!
It’s important to note that PeekIt will make no changes to a file unless you specifically indicate that you want to make changes. PeekIt will never modify a file accidentally or without your complete knowledge. PeekIt also uses very little memory, it does not read the entire file under investigation into memory, only a small portion.
Note: This product is not compatible with macOS Catalina and later.
- Fixed a bug with loading and saving formatters on launch and quit
- Fixed a weird bug in the byte string formatter, I can’t describe it. I also can’t describe the fix.
- Fixed a bug where the byte string formatter wasn’t respecting the Hex checkbox, it does now
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download PeekIt for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the PeekIt .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the PeekIt is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy PeekIt for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing PeekIt apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete PeekIt apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the PeekIt that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the PeekIt icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall PeekIt on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove PeekIt from your MAC!
PeekIt Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Hex editor for huge files (beta).
Native hex editor based on the Cocoa framework.
Analyze and edit binary files of any size.
This PeekIt .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in our Hosting. When you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Website. PeekIt is definitely an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that talked about in right here would be the property of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.