osquery for MAC – Query your devices like a database. This app was created by OSQUERY.IO Inc. and today updated into the latest version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
osquery for MAC Latest Version
osquery for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about osquery that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||osquery App|
|File Size||8.8 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About osquery App for MAC
Osquery uses basic SQL commands to leverage a relational data-model to describe a device.
Processes running without a binary on disk
Frequently, attackers will leave a malicious process running but delete the original binary on disk. This query returns any process whose original binary has been deleted, which could be an indicator of a suspicious process.
Three things you should know about osquery
- It’s fast and tested: Our build infrastructure ensures that newly introduced code is benchmarked and tested. We perform continuous testing for memory leaks, thread safety, and binary reproducibility on all supported platforms.
- It runs everywhere: Windows, macOS, CentOS, FreeBSD, and almost every Linux OS released since 2011 are supported with no dependencies. osquery powers some of the most demanding companies, including Facebook.
- It’s open source: Osquery is released under the Apache License. Ever since we open-sourced it in 2014, organizations and individuals have contributed an ever-growing list of impressive features, useful tools, and helpful documentation.
- shell: Add .connect meta command (#6944)
- Add seccomp_events table for Linux (#7006)
- Add shortcut_files table for Windows (#6994)
Under the Hood improvements:
- Removing Keyboard Event Taps from osx-attacks pack (#7023)
- Refactor watcher out of singleton pattern (#7042)
- Small events subscriber refactor to increase test coverage (#7050)
- Setting non-required deb_packages fields as optional in test (#7001)
- Handle events optimization edge cases (#7060)
- Fix optimization for multiple queries using the same subscriber (#7055)
- Use epoch and counter for events-based queries (#7051)
- Guard node key to prevent duplicate enrollments (#7052)
- Change windows calculation for physical_memory (#7028)
- Free using WTSFreeMemoryEx for WTSEnumerateSessionsExW (#7039)
- Release variable in Windows data conversation (#7024)
- Change chrome_extensions warnings to verbose (#7032)
- Add transactions to the SQLite authorizer PRAGMAs (#7029)
- Change Windows messages to verbose (#7027)
- Fix scheduler to print the correct number of elapsed seconds (#7016)
- Fix tls_enroll_max_attempts flag name in the documentation (#7049)
- Improve docs on FIM, mention NTFS and Audit, etc. (#7036)
- config: Add docs for the events top-level-key (#7040)
- Add funding link on GitHub generated page (#7043)
- Correct the example in the windows_events table spec (#7035)
- Correct docs about OpenSSL and TLS behavior (#7033)
- Update docs to describe how to build for aarch64/arm64 (#6285) (#6970)
- Add a note on enabling Windows to build with CMake’s long paths (#7010)
- Add 4.8.0 CHANGELOG (#7057)
- Add an option to enable incremental linking on Windows (#7044)
- Remove Buck leftovers that supported building with old versions of OpenSSL (#7034)
- Add build_aarch64 workflow for push (#7014)
- Move CI to using docker from osquery (#7012)
- Update dockerfile to multiplatform (#7011)
- Run GH Actions workflows on all tags (#7004)
- Disable BPF events tests if OSQUERY_BUILD_BPF is false (#7002)
- libs: Update OpenSSL to version 1.1.1k (#7026)
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download osquery for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the osquery .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the osquery is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy osquery for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing osquery apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete osquery apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the osquery that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the osquery icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall osquery on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove osquery from your MAC!
osquery Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
This osquery .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading directly in the owner sources Official Site. osquery is definitely an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that talked about in here are the assets of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.