OpenZFS for MAC – Advanced file/volume system supporting very large data stores. This app was build by OPENZFSONOSX Inc. and now updated into the latest version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
OpenZFS for MAC Latest Version
OpenZFS for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about OpenZFS that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||OpenZFS App|
|File Size||17.6 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About OpenZFS App for MAC
OpenZFS is an open-source storage platform. It includes the functionality of both traditional file systems and volume manager. It has many advanced features including:
- Protection against data corruption. Integrity checking for both data and metadata.
- Continuous integrity verification and automatic “self-healing” repair
- Data redundancy with mirroring, RAID-Z1/2/3 [and DRAID]
- Support for high storage capacities – up to 256 trillion yobibytes (2^128 bytes)
- Space-saving with transparent compression using LZ4, GZIP or ZSTD
- Hardware-accelerated native encryption
- Efficient storage with snapshots and copy-on-write clones
- Efficient local or remote replication – send only changed blocks with ZFS send and receive
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
- New port
- zfs send / zfs recv rewritten to use pipes.
- Mimic changes (use “com.apple.mimic=hfs” instead of “on/off”.)
- Automatic mounting of snapshots
- zstd compression
- User/group object quotas
- Draid vdev-type
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download OpenZFS for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the OpenZFS .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the OpenZFS is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy OpenZFS for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing OpenZFS apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete OpenZFS apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the OpenZFS that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the OpenZFS icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall OpenZFS on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove OpenZFS from your MAC!
OpenZFS Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Improve solid-state drive performance.
Hard Disk Manager
Total system and disk management.
High-quality RAID management.
This OpenZFS .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” link on this page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Site. OpenZFS is an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and business names or logos that talked about in right here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.