OnionShare for MAC – An Onion-based, anonymous, and secure file sharing utility. This app was developed by ONIONSHARE Inc. and today updated into the latest version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
OnionShare for MAC Latest Version
OnionShare for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about OnionShare that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||OnionShare App|
|File Size||78.2 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About OnionShare App for MAC
OnionShare lets you securely and anonymously share files of any size. A web server is started, making OnionShare accessible as a Tor Onion Service, potentially temporarily or in a stealthy manner, over the Internet. An unguessable address is generated and is shared for the recipient to open in the Tor Browser to download the files. No separate server or third party file-sharing service required. You host the files on your own computer
How to use OnionShare:
Open OnionShare, drag and drop files and folders into it, and click “Start Sharing”. A secret .onion URL such as
http://asxmi4q6i7pajg2b.onion/egg-cain will be presented for you to share
Send this URL to the recipient of the files. E-mail, or a Facebook or Twitter private message is fine if the content isn’t secret. The files are no more secure than the means of sending the address The recipient doesn’t need OnionShare. Opening the address in Tor Browser is all that is needed to download the file
- Fix chat mode
- Fix –persistent in onionshare-cli
- Fix checking for updates in Windows and macOS
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download OnionShare for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the OnionShare .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the OnionShare is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy OnionShare for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing OnionShare apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete OnionShare apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the OnionShare that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the OnionShare icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall OnionShare on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove OnionShare from your MAC!
OnionShare Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
This OnionShare .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Hosting. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this page, files will downloading directly in the owner sources Official Website. OnionShare is definitely an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that talked about in here are the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.