Obsidian for MAC – Plain text Markdown files. This app was developed by OBSIDIAN.MD Inc. and today updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Obsidian for MAC Latest Version
Obsidian for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Obsidian that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Obsidian App|
|File Size||158.7 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.10.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely FreePaid • SubscriptionPaid • One-Time Purchase|
About Obsidian App for MAC
Obsidian is a powerful knowledge base that works on top of a local folder of plain text Markdown files. For portability, Obsidian supports CommonMark and GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM).
Links as First-Class Citizens We want your second brain to work like a real brain, so Obsidian encourages you to make connections between your notes. Simply type [[ and Obsidian will auto-complete the link. With connections in place, you can navigate your notes and get inspiration with backlinks and graph view.
The Note Multiplexer Obsidian is great if you have large screens and atomic short notes. Panes in Obsidian can be split infinitely and resized, and they make cross-referencing multiple notes a breeze. Panes can be pinned to keep its content or linked together so they can show different views of the same note. Combine panes to set up your powerful workspaces.
Build Your Custom Obsidian With dozens of actively-developed plugins, you can build your own note-taking toolkit like a Lego set.
Shiny new things
- Page preview can now be configured to require Ctrl/Cmd on hover for each component independently.
- A new option in the About section can now let you specify a folder name for the vault config different than .obsidian. It must still begin with a dot, and must be a valid folder under the vault root. This supersedes the .obsidian.nosync fallback from the last release.
- Hardware acceleration has been moved to an advanced section.
- Mermaid.js has been upgraded to 8.9.2.
No longer broken
- Empty aliases in frontmatter should no longer cause the backlink pane to spin forever.
- Sync should now properly delete folders with .DS_Store.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Obsidian for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Obsidian .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Obsidian is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Obsidian for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Obsidian apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Obsidian apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Obsidian that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Obsidian icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Obsidian on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Obsidian from your MAC!
Obsidian Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Easy-to-use Markdown editor.
Markdown/CommonMark Hypernotebook editor.
Advanced Markdown editor.
This Obsidian .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” link on this page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Site. Obsidian is definitely an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that mentioned in here are the property of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.