MacVim for MAC – Port of the text editor Vim. This app was created by GITHUB Inc. and now updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
MacVim for MAC Latest Version
MacVim for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about MacVim that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||MacVim App|
|File Size||23.7 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About MacVim App for MAC
MacVim is a port of the text editor Vim to Mac OS X that is meant to look better and integrate more seamlessly with the Mac than the older Carbon port of Vim.
MacVim supports multiple windows with tabbed editing and a host of other features such as:
- bindings to standard OS X keyboard shortcuts (⌘-Z, ⌘-V, ⌘-A, ⌘-G, etc.),
- transparent backgrounds,
- full-screen mode,
- multibyte editing with OS X input methods and automatic font substitution,
- ODB editor support,
- and more…
Most importantly, MacVim brings you the full power of Vim 7.2 to Mac OS X.
- Rendering issue where MacVim would stop drawing text when the computer is running low on memory. Previously the user would have to restart MacVim in order to get the rendering back
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download MacVim for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the MacVim .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the MacVim is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy MacVim for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing MacVim apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete MacVim apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the MacVim that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the MacVim icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall MacVim on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove MacVim from your MAC!
MacVim Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose.
A hackable text editor.
This MacVim .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading directly in the owner sources Official Server. MacVim is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and business names or logos that mentioned in here are the assets of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.