jEdit for MAC – Java based text editor. This app was created by JEDIT Inc. and today updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
jEdit for MAC Latest Version
jEdit for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about jEdit that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||jEdit App|
|File Size||5.7 MB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.7.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About jEdit App for MAC
jEdit is a cross platform, programmer’s text editor written in Java. Developed by Slava Pestov and others, jEdit is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Features include:
- Runs on any operating system with a Java 1.6 or higher virtual machine – this includes MacOS X, Linux, Unix, VMS and Windows.
- Efficient keyboard shortcuts for everything, with predefined keymaps for Emacs, Intellij IDEA, and OS X (5.0)
- Comprehensive online help
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Copy and paste with an unlimited number of clipboards (known as “registers”)
- Register contents are saved across editing sessions
- “Kill ring” automatically remembers previously deleted text
- Rich set of keyboard commands for manipulating entire words, lines and paragraphs at a time
- “Markers” for remembering positions in files to return to later
- Marker locations are saved across editing sessions
- Any number of editor windows may be open, each window may be split into several areas, each area can view a different file and keep track of an independent set of buffers. Alternatively, different locations in one file can be viewed in more than one area
- Multiple open windows and split windows are remembered between editing sessions
- Rectangular selection
- Multiple selection (sometimes known as “discontinuous” or “additive” selection) for manipulating several chunks of text at once
- Word wrap
- VFSManager.canReadFile() was returning true only for directories (#4102 – Matthieu Casanova)
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download jEdit for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the jEdit .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the jEdit is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy jEdit for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing jEdit apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete jEdit apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the jEdit that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the jEdit icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall jEdit on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove jEdit from your MAC!
jEdit Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Powerful text and HTML editor.
Multi-platform text editor.
Text editor for programmers with support for over 20 languages.
This jEdit .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Hosting. Whenever you click the “Download” link on this web page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Website. jEdit is definitely an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We are not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that mentioned in here are the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.