GitHub Desktop for MAC – Synchronize branches, clone repositories, and more. This app was created by DESKTOP.GITHUB Inc. and now updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
GitHub Desktop for MAC Latest Version
GitHub Desktop for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about GitHub Desktop that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||GitHub Desktop App|
|File Size||111 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.10.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About GitHub Desktop App for MAC
GitHub Desktop allows developers to synchronize branches, clone repositories, and more. Pull requests, merge button, fork queue, issues, pages, wiki: all awesome features that make sharing easier. But those things are only great after you’ve pushed your code to GitHub.
GitHub Desktop Features
- Synchronize branches – The sync button pushes your changes to GitHub and pulls down other’s changes in one operation. It notifies you know when you have changes you haven’t pushed or there are new changes on GitHub you haven’t pulled down.
- Clone repositories in one click – When you add repositories to GitHub Desktop for Mac, we automatically match them up with any organizations you belong to. Want to pull down a repository from GitHub.com? Check out the button on the website.
- Powerfully simple branching – Branching is one of Git’s best features. We’ve made it easy to try out remote branches, create new local branches and publish branches to share with others.
- Reorder commits with drag and drop in your commit history
- Create a branch from any commit in your history
- Amend the most recent commit on your branch
- Squash commits in the history tab with drag and drop and a context menu
- Squash and merge option available when merging branches
- Add support for Sublime Text 4 on Windows
- Show warning before undoing commit if it potentially conflicts with changes in working directory
- Remove extra space in drag & drop tooltips
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download GitHub Desktop for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the GitHub Desktop .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the GitHub Desktop is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy GitHub Desktop for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing GitHub Desktop apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete GitHub Desktop apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the GitHub Desktop that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the GitHub Desktop icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall GitHub Desktop on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove GitHub Desktop from your MAC!
GitHub Desktop Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Lightweight Git client.
Fast and friendly git client.
Fast and powerful Git client.
This GitHub Desktop .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Website. GitHub Desktop is an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that talked about in here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.