Gedit for MAC – Text editor based on GNOME. This app was developed by WINE-REVIEWS Inc. and now updated into the last version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Gedit for MAC Latest Version
Gedit for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Gedit that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Gedit App|
|Requirement||OS X 10.11.0|
About Gedit App for MAC
Gedit is the official text editor of the GNOME desktop environment. While aiming at simplicity and ease of use, gedit is a powerful general purpose text editor. It can be used to create and edit all kinds of text files.
Linux fans will already be familiar with the world of GNOME but gedit has brought it to a wider audience by providing the default GNOME editor on Mac OS X. gedit provides a simple interface from which you have access to a full text editor with programming functions and is compatible with most languages. gedit incorporates text search and replace, spell checking, printing and support for opening almost any file.
The range of languages supported by Gnome include C, C++, Java, HTML, XML, Python and Perl. You can Undo and Redo actions, edit files remotely and all the other standard functions you’d expect from an editor including go to a specific line, text wrapping and backing-up of files. Nevertheless, gedit may seem a bit basic for some programming needs, but this problem has been offset somewhat by the introduction of plugins which add advanced functions to the editor.
- Initial release
- Small bug fixes
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Gedit for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Gedit .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Gedit is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Gedit for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Gedit apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Gedit apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Gedit that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Gedit icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Gedit on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Gedit from your MAC!
Gedit Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
This Gedit .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” link on this web page, files will downloading straight from the owner sources Official Server. Gedit is definitely an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and business names or logos that mentioned in here would be the assets of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.