Geany for MAC – A fast and lightweight IDE. This app was developed by GEANY Inc. and yesterday updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Geany for MAC Latest Version
Geany for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Geany that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Geany App|
|File Size||22.5 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.11.0|
|License||Free • Absolutely Free|
About Geany App for MAC
Geany is a powerful, stable and lightweight programmer’s text editor that provides tons of useful features without bogging down your workflow. It runs on Linux, Windows and MacOS is translated into over 40 languages, and has built-in support for more than 50 programming languages.
- Syntax highlighting
- Code completion
- Auto completion of often used constructs like if, for and while
- Auto completion of XML and HTML tags
- Call tips
- Many supported filetypes like C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal
- Symbol lists
- Embedded terminal emulation
- Extensibility through plugins
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
- Build with GTK3 by default.
- Add an option (enabled by default) to save main and project configuration whenever documents are opened/closed to reduce accidental loss of current session in the event of a crash.
- List Geany in the category TextEditor.
- Fix main window name as seen by accessibility tools.
- Add missing include.
- Fix a possible crash when quitting.
- Allow to cancel Open Project and New Project dialogs without closing the current project.
- Don’t ask whether to close current project when opening a recent project.
- Disable some items when they are not available.
- Provide a CSS name for most widgets.
- Adapt margins width to font size and zoom.
- Show OS info in debug messages.
- Persist color picker palette.
- Fix color of selected text in search entries with no match.
- Update Scintilla to version 3.21.1.
- Add BibTeX filetype.
- Update Lua block comment end.
- Update FreeBasic keywords.
- Add Smalltalk filetype.
- Add a configuration option to select the default Python command.
- Improve Build-related settings documentation.
- Added documentation for the Color Chooser (LarsGit223).
- New translations: ie
- Updated translations: da, de, el, es, fr, id, it, ja, lv, nl, pl, pt, ru, sk, sv, zh_CN
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Geany for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Geany .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Geany is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Geany for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Geany apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Geany apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Geany that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Geany icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Geany on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Geany from your MAC!
Geany Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
This Geany .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. When you click the “Download” link on this page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Server. Geany is definitely an app for MAC that created by Inc. We’re not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that talked about in right here would be the assets of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.