Cryptocat for MAC – Encrypt instant messages with Open-Source security. This app was released by MacUpdate, LLC Inc. and today updated into the latest version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Cryptocat for MAC Latest Version
Cryptocat for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Cryptocat that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Cryptocat App|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.7.0|
About Cryptocat App for MAC
Cryptocat is free software that aims to provide an open, accessible instant-messaging environment that encrypts your conversations and works right in your browser.
Cryptocat is an Open-Source experiment – the goal is to provide the easiest, most accessible way to chat while maintaining your privacy online, because we believe in Internet privacy.
There are separate plugin downloads for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox: see the Related Links section below.
- Encrypted file transfer is now back in Cryptocat after being temporarily disabled pending review. Note that encrypted file transfer is not available over the Encrypted Facebook Chat feature.
- Updated Ukrainian translation.
- Small bug fixes.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Cryptocat for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Cryptocat .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Cryptocat is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Cryptocat for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Cryptocat apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Cryptocat apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Cryptocat that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Cryptocat icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Cryptocat on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Cryptocat from your MAC!
Cryptocat Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Secure Open-Source networking.
XMPP chat client.
A secure messenger and a team collaboration app (was Riot).
This Cryptocat .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Website. Cryptocat is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and company names or logos that talked about in right here would be the assets of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.