Captain for MAC – Manage Docker containers. This app was released by GETCAPTAIN.CO Inc. and today updated into the new version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Captain for MAC Latest Version
Captain for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Captain that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Captain App|
|File Size||48.5 MB|
|Requirement||OS X 10.9.0|
About Captain App for MAC
Captain lets you manage Docker containers directly from the menu bar.
- Start or Stop Containers – See which containers are running and which have stopped. Conveniently start or stop any container directly from the menu bar. For example, quickly switch between Web server contaiers (port 80/443) of different projects.
- Automatic Groups – Containers are grouped automatically if the name of the container (or its image) contains multiple underscores. Works great for docker-compose projects.
- Kill Now – Hold ⌃ (Control) to kill a container instantly. Waiting for containers to stop gracefully is usually a waste of time. Use at your own risk: some containers stop gracefully for a reason.
- Open in a Browser – Hold ⌘ (Command) to open a container in the browser–useful if you don’t want to bookmark or remember development URLs. Tip: Define an OPEN_IN_BROWSER container environment variable to set a custom URL.
- Pause or Unpause – Hold ⇧ (Shift) to pause or unpause a container, in case you ever need to. (Who actually pauses containers?)
- Quickly Copy ID’s – Hold ⌥ (Option/Alt) to copy a container ID, a true timesaver in the rare moments that you need to go back to the terminal. For example, CLI tasks like building and cleaning up stale containers become less typo-prone.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Captain for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Captain .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Captain is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Captain for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Captain apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Captain apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Captain that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Captain icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Captain on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Captain from your MAC!
Captain Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
This Captain .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. When you click the “Download” link on this page, files will downloading directly from the owner sources Official Site. Captain is definitely an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and business names or logos that mentioned in here are the assets of their respective owners. We’re DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.