Blue Crab for MAC – Browse complete websites offline. This app was developed by LIMITPOINTSTORE Inc. and today updated into the latest version. Download this Internet Utilities app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Blue Crab for MAC Latest Version
Blue Crab for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Blue Crab that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Blue Crab App|
|File Size||5.7 MB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.5.8|
About Blue Crab App for MAC
Blue Crab is a versatile and thorough program that you use to copy the contents of a Web site to your computer, in whole or in part, and then search or browse it offline.
- Conduct fast offline browsing and searching without an Internet connection.
- Perform batch downloads of URL’s
- Create a snapshot of a website for historical archiving.
- Batch download Web archives.
- Collect specific types of resources such as images or email addresses.
- Search current content more thoroughly than a search engine right on your own computer.
- Check a site for broken links, or generate an HTML sitemap
- Create full page images of URL’s (JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PNG, PSD, etc.)
- Perform “Google Image Search” batch downloads: download images found using an image query on Google.
With Blue Crab you can download all the content including HTML, PDF, graphics, video, file archives, etc., or use selective filtering to restrict downloads to specific kinds of files. For example, you can choose to save only the JPEG images Blue Crab finds, or just the PDF’s.
Blue Crab has a special feature called the “Media Grabber” which you can use to easily download just the images (or movies) on a Web site Moreover, you can view a slide show of the images as they are downloaded. You also have the option of “flattening” the images, i.e., putting them all into one folder, or preserving the folder structure on the server (just as when downloading a complete Web site for offline viewing.)
Blue Crab is always gentle on the server, processing only one URL at a time. (You can even make it pause between successive downloads so as to not overwhelm the server.)
The demo version you download now is fully functionaly and runs for about ten days.
- Unique URL extraction algorithms yield very complete downloads compared to other products of this type.
- You can download Web sites either for offline browsing, via re-linking of URL’s, or to create virtual copies of them on your hard drive, i.e., backup a Web site as-is.
- Supports both HTTP, HTTPS protocols as well as server realms. Detailed Grabber window shows server HTTP header response fields.
- Optionally display Web pages as they are crawled using either your own Web browser or Blue Crabs own Web window.
- You can restrict a crawl to just the initial domain, or allow the program to “stray” into offsite URL’s
- Blue Crab can remap “dynamic” URL’s which contain path and search arguments so that resulting disk files are navigable offline.
- Image URL’s into JPEG files (or any other graphic file type supported by Quicktime) to create complete pictures of Web pages not possible simply by taking a single screen shot yourself.
- Blue Crab provides its URL imaging ability as a service menu item available from other applications.
- URL’s can be imaged into files, or onto the clipboard.
- Built-in directory search displays found files as a hierarchical list, with double-clickable entries.
- A “batch window” enables you to download your own list of files. Simply drag and drop URL’s into the batch window, or import them from an HTML file , or text file.
- Grabbing in “images-only” mode just downloads image files, optionally “flattening” the results (i.e. putting all images into one folder.)
- Reusable configuration settings control what is grabbed, saved or crawled:
- Filter by size, date, file type or even content
- Filter by filename, extension or path
- Bookmarks window for storing frequently crawled Web sites
- Supports form submissions to enable you to begin a crawl from a login page.
- Supports cookies for more accurate downloads.
- Generate site maps that consist of a hierarchical display of URL’s Such maps can be optionally filtered by extension.
- Find email addresses.
- Customizable user-agent (spoofing) enables you to download Web sites which are platform specific.
- Optionally receive email notifications of Blue Crab’s progress during a lengthy crawl.
- Dock badging provides visual feedback or progress when the program is in the background.
- Google image search and download in batch.
Check the website for bundles and promos.
- Update for Mac OS 10.11
- Fixed a bug opening the download directory from the grabber window (the ‘Reveal’ button), and similar problems with other convenience functions that open folders or files.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the opening of the log file from the File menu, and similar problems with other instances for opening certain files.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Blue Crab for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Blue Crab .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Blue Crab is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Blue Crab for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Blue Crab apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Blue Crab apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Blue Crab that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Blue Crab icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Blue Crab on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Blue Crab from your MAC!
Blue Crab Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Scan and output website data as CSV or JSON.
Download entire websites for offline browsing.
Capture entire Web pages as single images or PDFs.
This Blue Crab .dmg installation file is completely not hosted in Apps4Mac.com. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Server. Blue Crab is definitely an app for MAC that created by Inc. We are not directly affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos that mentioned in right here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to work with you.