Aquamacs for MAC – Emacs editor. This app was created by AQUAMACS Inc. and today updated into the last version. Download this Developer Tools app for free now on ForMacApps.com
Aquamacs for MAC Latest Version
Aquamacs for Mac: Free Download + Review [Latest Version]. Before you download the .dmg file, here we go some fact about Aquamacs that maybe you want to need to know.
|App Name||Aquamacs App|
|File Size||70.5 MB|
|Requirement||Mac OS X 10.6.0|
About Aquamacs App for MAC
Aquamacs is the Emacs editor that Mac users love. Aquamacs lets you write text from LaTeX manuscripts to to-do lists, from C to Cobol, Java, Python, Shell-script, Lisp, everything! Aquamacs looks and behaves like other Mac programs – even though it’s still the powerful GNU Emacs with all the extensibility that millions have come to appreciate.
Emacs is a text editor of legendary power and configurability, but it also has a complex user interface that is very, very different from the familiar Mac way of doing things. Aquamacs tames the Emacs tiger: you get standard Apple shortcuts (in addition to the Emacs ones), nice fonts, tabs or one file per window, international input methods, Apple Help manuals and more. Aquamacs comes with a range of modes for various markup and programming languages: HTML, C/C++, Java, Python, Perl, AppleScript, Tcl, XML, R (S)… These modes have extra functions for the languages, including excellent syntax highlighting. You can even use Aquamacs to read news and e-mail, just like any Emacs.
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with macOS Mojave.
- Aquamacs is now compiled and distributed with a copy of the gnutls library to enable secure web connections. The version in this distribution is 3.6.8. Only the shared library and its library dependencies are included. This was done because Emacs has removed support for using the openssl command line tool shipped with Mac OS X. Code for building the libraries contributed by Win Treese. License information for these libraries is included the manual.
- In order to provide compatibility with gnutls, the oldest supported version of Mac OS X is now El Capitan (10.11).
- This version also bundles the binary shared library for the libxml2 library (version 2.9.9).
- ESS has been updated to version 18.10.2. See here for all new features: http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/ess.html#New-features.
- Known bug (MacOS Mojave): menus may require a double click to open with the mouse. When this happens, go to System Preferences, Security&Privacy, Accessibility, and allow Aquamacs to “control your computer”. This merely enables Aquamacs to process some UI events. (Note that this workaround does not apply to nightly builds because they lack a code signature.)
- Bug fix: a rare condition (when Tabs are not in used) could occur where frames will be unresponsive to user input. Reported by Lewis Hyatt.
- Bug fix: Color lists were unavailable on late MacOS versions. Reported by Max Arnold.
Installing Apps on MAC
Most Mac OS applications downloaded from outside the App Store come inside a DMG file. Like if you wanna download Aquamacs for mac from this page, you’ll directly get the .dmg installation file into your MAC.
- First, download the Aquamacs .dmg installation file from the official link on above
- Double-click the DMG file to open it, and you’ll see a Finder window.
- Often these will include the application itself, some form of arrow, and a shortcut to the Applications folder.
- Simply drag the application’s icon to your Applications folder
- And you’re done: the Aquamacs is now installed.
- When you’re done installing: just click the “Eject” arrow.
- Then you can feel free to delete the original DMG file: you don’t need it anymore.
- Now, enjoy Aquamacs for MAC !
You don’t have to put your programs in the Applications folder, though: they’ll run from anywhere. Some people create a “Games” directory, to keep games separate from other applications. But Applications is the most convenient place to put things, so we suggest you just put everything there.
DMG files are mounted by your system, like a sort of virtual hard drive. When you’re done installing the application, it’s a good idea to unmount the DMG in Finder.
Uninstall Apps on MAC
Removing Aquamacs apps is more than just moving them to the Trash — it’s completely uninstalling them. To completely uninstall a program on MacBook/iMac, you have to choose one of the options on below.
Method 1: Remove apps using Launchpad
Another manual way to delete Aquamacs apps from your Mac is using the Launchpad. Here’s how it works:
- Click Launchpad icon in your Mac’s Dock.
- Find the Aquamacs that you want to delete.
- Click and hold the Aquamacs icon’s until it starts shaking.
- Click X in the top-left corner of the app icon.
- Click Delete.
Method 2: Delete MAC apps with CleanMyMac X
Now it’s time for the safe and quick app uninstalling option. There’s a safest way to uninstall Aquamacs on Mac without searching all over your Mac, and that’s by using CleanMyMac X.
- Launch CleanMyMac X and click on Uninstaller in the left menu.
- Select the , you can either uninstall it or, if it’s not acting as it should, you can perform an Application Reset.
- Click on Uninstall or choose Application Reset at the top.
- Now that the application cleanup is complete, you can view a log of the removed items, or go back to your app list to uninstall more.
- And you’re done to remove Aquamacs from your MAC!
Aquamacs Alternative App for MAC
Here we go some list of an alternative/related app that you must try to install into your lovely MAC OSX
Sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose.
A hackable text editor.
Integrated development environment for coding under web-based language
This Aquamacs .dmg installation file is absolutely not hosted in our Server. Whenever you click the “Download” button on this web page, files will downloading straight in the owner sources Official Site. Aquamacs is an app for MAC that developed by Inc. We’re not straight affiliated with them. All trademarks, registered trademarks, item names and business names or logos that talked about in here would be the property of their respective owners. We are DMCA-compliant and gladly to cooperation with you.